Cream Cheese Pound Cake with Brandied Cherries
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), at room temperature
- 1 cup cream cheese (8 ounces), at room temperature
- 2½ cups sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 jar Brandied Cherries or our seasonal Christmas Cherries
- whipped cream, to serve
Preparation time: 1.75 hours
- 1. Heat oven to 325°F. Grease an 8-10 cup loaf pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- 2. Place butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until combined, about 30 seconds. Scrape down the bowl and add the sugar. Beat until light and fluffy, about a minute or two. Mix in the lemon zest, then scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 3. With the mixer on medium-low, add the eggs one at a time. Allow each egg to mix fully before adding the next. Scrape down the bowl after every two eggs are added.
- 4. Whisk together the flours, salt, and baking powder. With the mixer on medium-low, add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- 5. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Place on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake for 40 minutes. Loosely tent the cake with aluminum foil and continue baking until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out completely clean, about 45-55 minutes more.
- 6. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 20-30 minutes. Invert the pan on to a wire rack and let cool completely before slicing to serve with whipped cream and your favorite compote. (pictured: Christmas Cherries)