Steak Tacos with Dried Chile Salsa
- ½ jar American Spoon Dried Chile
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2-3 pounds flank or skirt steak
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- Optional Pickled Red Cabbage and Onion
Cook time: 111 minutes
- 1. Add the salsa, mayonnaise, and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the steak to the marinade and toss to coat. Wrap the bowl with plastic film and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours, or better, overnight.
- 2. Remove the marinated steak from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Prepare your grill for a medium-hot fire. When the coals are ready place the meat on the grill. Cook on the first side for three or four minutes, then flip and continue cooking on the other side for an additional three to four minutes. As the meat cooks, continue to brush with the remaining marinade. Continue cooking, turning every few minutes, until the meat is a little charred and cook to the preferred temperature, about six to eight minutes for medium-rare, Remove the steak from the grill and let rest, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- 3. To finish, once the meat has rested, slice into bite-size pieces. Transfer the steak to a bowl, add the chopped cilantro, and the remaining Roast Tomatillo Salsa. Toss together and serve.
- 4. In a dry skillet, toast the tortillas until warm. When ready to serve, add meat to tortilla, top with cabbage, onion relish, and serve with garnishes.