Maple Pumpkin Rolls
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- ½ cup sugar, plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 jars American Spoon Maple Pumpkin Caramel
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half
Cook time: 2 hours
Preparation time: 3 hours
- 1. Heat the milk until it is just warm. Whisk the yeast and teaspoon of sugar into the warm milk and let stand till frothy, about five minutes.
- 2. Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar, salt, eggs, and the milk mixture. Mix on low speed until combined, then replace the paddle with the dough hook attachment. Divide the butter into four equal parts. With the dough hook running at medium-low speed, add the butter to the dough half-a-stick at a time. Allow the butter to incorporate in to the dough before the next addition. Once all the butter is incorporated, increase the hook to medium speed and work until a soft, slightly tacky dough forms, about 8 minutes. Scrape together and shape into a ball and place in a lightly oiled mixing bowl. Cover with plastic and let rest in warm place until doubled in size, about 90 minutes.
- 3. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work space. Roll into ¼ inch thick rectangle. Evenly spread the Pumpkin Caramel over the dough. Working from a long side, tightly roll the dough into a log shape.
- 4. Butter a 10-inch spring form or cast iron pan. Cut the rolls 1 ½ inches thick. Arrange the rolls in concentric circles in the pan, working from the outside in to the center. Don’t overcrowd the pan. Cover in plastic and let proof in a warm area until doubled in size, about another 90 minutes.
- 5. Heat oven to 350. Remove the plastic wrap and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool on rack. While the rolls are cooling, whisk together the powdered sugar and half-and-half and serve with rolls.
Maple Pumpkin Rolls