Lemon Curd Bars
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 jars Lemon Curd
- 1 lemon
- 1½ teaspoons cornstarch
- Powdered sugar to finish
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- 1. Heat your oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8” baking pan with parchment paper.
- 2. Place the softened butter in the bowl of a stand mixer. Whip butter on medium high speed, for 15-20 seconds. Reduce speed to low, then add powdered sugar. Once the sugar is incorporated, increase mixer speed to medium-high and continue to whip until light and airy, about 30-45 seconds. Stop the mixer occasionally and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- 3. Add the flours and salt to the butter and mix on low speed until the dough comes together. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking pan. Using your fingers, press the dough into a compact and even layer. Chill, refrigerated, for 20–30 minutes.
- 4. Remove the pan from the fridge and prick the dough all over with a fork, then place a piece of parchment over the dough and weight with pie weights. Bake until golden brown, about 20–25 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool.
- 5. While the crust is cooling, zest the lemon into a small bowl, then add the juice of that lemon to the zest. Add the cornstarch to the lemon juice and whisk together. Place the Lemon Curd into a heavy-bottomed pot and stir the cornstarch mixture into the curd. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until just under a boil, about 195-200 degrees. Remove the parchment and pie weights from the baking pan and pour the hot custard onto the crust. Allow to cool completely, then dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares to serve.
Lemon Curd Bars