Jam-Buttercream Frosted Cupcakes
2 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ cups butter (3 sticks), at room temperature
6 large eggs, at room temperature
1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
3 ¾ cups AP flour
1 ½ tablespoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 ½ cups whole milk
1.5 sticks (6 oz.) unsalted butter, softened
2¾ cups powdered sugar, sifted
4 tablespoons powdered milk
1 jar your favorite American Spoon Preserves
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
1. Preheat your oven to 350 ̊. Line muffin pans with cupcake paper. Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
2. In the bowl of a kitchen aid with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar at medium speed till light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Scrape down bowl as needed. Add in the eggs one at a time. Each egg should be well incorporated, and the mixing bowl scraped down before adding the next egg. Add the vanilla and mix to combine.
3. Reduce mixer speed to medium-low and add the flour mixture in thirds alternating with the milk, mixing to incorporate before adding the next. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
4. Divide the batter into the lined muffin pans and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean. Let them cool slightly before transferring from the tins to cooling rack. Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
1. Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment on medium-high speed, cream the butter until light and fluffy, a few minutes. Add the powdered milk to the sugar. Decrease the mixer speed to medium-low. Gradually mix in the sifted powdered sugar until fully incorporated.
2. Slowly add the preserves. Increase the speed to medium-high and whip for 3 or 4 minutes. Spread frosting on cupcakes and serve.