Chicken Tacos with Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
- 8 chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 jar American Spoon Roasted Tomatillo Salsa
- 1 medium white onion, cut in ½-inch strips
- 2 poblano chile peppers, cut in ½-inch strips
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- ½ cup radishes, sliced thin
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 package flour tortillas
Cook time: 60 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1. Add the salsa, mayonnaise, and salt to a bowl and whisk to combine. Add the chicken to the marinade and toss to coat. Wrap the bowl with plastic film and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours, or better, overnight.
- 2. Remove the marinated chicken from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature. Prepare your grill for a medium-hot fire. When the coals are ready place the meat on the grill. Cook on the first side for three or four minutes, then flip and continue cooking on the other side for an additional three to four minutes. As the meat cooks, continue to brush with the remaining marinade. Continue cooking, turning every few minutes, until the meat is a little charred and cook through. Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest, covered, for about 10 minutes.
- 3. To finish, once the meat has rested, slice into bite-size pieces. Transfer the chicken to a bowl, add the chopped cilantro, and the remaining Roast Tomatillo Salsa. Toss together and serve.
- 4. In a dry skillet, toast the tortillas until warm. When ready to serve, add meat to tortilla, top with cabbage, onion relish, and serve with garnishes.