- 8 strips bacon
- 10 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and cut into a medium dice
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8-12 corn or flour tortillas
- Chopped cilantro to garnish
- 1 jar Pumpkin Seed Salsa
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1. Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook until crispy, flipping occasionally, about 10 minutes. When bacon is done, remove from pan and let drain on a paper towel- lined plate.
- 2. While the bacon cooks, crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Add the sour cream and grated cheese and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- 3. Using the same pan, remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat (reserving the remainder for the eggs and beans), then add the potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally until golden and crispy, 15-20 minutes. Remove the crispy potatoes from the pan and reserve in a warm spot.
- 4. While the potatoes cook, heat a small sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add a few teaspoons of reserved bacon fat and half of the sliced red onion. Season with salt and the cumin and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and translucent. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the drained black beans. Once the beans are warmed through, reduce heat to low.
- 5. Wipe out the sauté pan used for the potatoes. Place over medium heat. Add a few teaspoons of the reserved bacon fat, then the whisked eggs. Cook the eggs, stirring consistently, until fluffy and scrambled.
- 6. Warm the tortillas and layer with the potatoes, beans, bacon, and eggs. Garnish with avocado, salsa, the remaining sliced red onion, and cilantro.