Red Haven Peach Spoon Cake
1 cup cleaned and sliced peaches
½ cup Red Haven Peach Preserves
1 ¼ cup All Purpose Flour
1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
2/3 cup Whole Milk
2/3 cup Unsalted Butter (1 1/3 stick), melted
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch cake pan or baking dish and set aside.
2. Combine the fruit and preserves and stir together. Set aside and let macerate.
3. In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, milk, and brown sugar. Add the dry ingredients and whisk till just smooth.
4. Transfer batter to the prepared baking pan, smoothing evenly. Spoon the fruit mixture over top the batter. Place pan in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean from the center of the cake.
5. Let the cake cool slightly before spooning into bowls. Serve with ice cream.