Maple Pumpkin Caramel Waffles
- FOR THE WAFFLES
- 1¼ cups milk
- ½ cup Maple Pumpkin Caramel
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups Wheat & Malt Pancake Mix
- Maple Syrup for serving
- OPTIONAL APPLE TOPPING
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1½ cups diced, firm apples (like Fuji or Honeycrisp)
- ¼ cup chopped, roasted pecans
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1. Combine milk, caramel sauce, and eggs in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add the pancake mix and gently stir until there are no lumps, being careful not to overwork the batter.
- 2. Preheat a waffle iron, add batter and cook according to the manufacturer's directions. If cooking in batches, keep finished waffles warm in a low oven.
- 3. While waffles are cooking, heat a sauté pan over medium-high. Add butter, and when melted, add the diced apples. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften and caramelize, about five minutes. Add the syrup and pecans and heat through. Serve over waffles with butter and more syrup.