- 1 jar American Spoon Peanut Butter
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter
- 2 ¼ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 ½ cups AP flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 jar your favorite American Spoon Preserves
Cook time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 30 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 13x9-inch baking sheet. Line with parchment paper, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides. Grease the parchment.
2. Combine the peanut butter and the butter in a small saucepan. Place over low heat, whisking occasionally, until the butter is melted and combined with the peanut butter.
3. Place the brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. With the mixer on medium speed, slowly pour in the peanut butter mixture. Increase the mixer speed to medium and add the vanilla, then add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the mixer bowl and reduce speed to low.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add the flour to the ingredients in the mixer bowl and stir till just combined.
5. Place the dough in the greased baking sheet, pressing it evenly across the bottom of the sheet and snugly to the edges, then using your fingers, poke the dough all over to form random dents and dimples. Spoon the preserve over top the dough, making sure to fill all the pockets you pressed in with jam.
6. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for about ten more minutes. Remove and let cool.