Sour Cherry Biscuit Cobbler
2 jars Fruit Perfect Sour Cherries
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
1 bag American Spoon Biscuit Mix
4 oz unsalted butter, very cold
¾ cup butter milk or whole milk
Preparation time: 1.5 hours
1. Preheat oven to 475. In a large bowl whisk together the cornstarch and water. Add the jars of sour cherries to the cornstarch mixture and stir to combine. Pour the filling into a 2-quart baking dish and set aside.
2. Add the biscuit mix to a bowl and using a cheese grater, grate the butter into the mix, then work the butter into the mix with your fingers. Add the milk and stir till the dough just comes together. Take care not to overwork.
3. Turn the dough out on a well-floured work surface and dust the top with flour. Using your hands, press into a ½” thick rectangle (about 5”x15”). Starting at one of the short ends, fold the dough into fourths. Rotate 90 degrees and repeat the pressing and folding two more times.
4. Press the dough into a rectangle about ½” to ¾”. Using a small biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits, reshaping and cutting dough scraps till all used up. Arrange biscuit rounds snugly over-top of the filling. Brush with melted butter and a sprinkle of raw sugar, if desired.
5. Place cobbler on a baking sheet and put in the oven. Turn heat down to 350 and bake for about 20-25 minutes, until the biscuits are golden and the filling is bubbling up. Let cool slightly before enjoying