Holiday Jam Tart
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1
- 3 extra large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 jars Holiday Jam
Preparation time: 1.5 hours
- 1. Heat oven to 400°F. Butter a 9” round tart pan.
- 2. Place the flour, sugar, salt, and butter in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and vanilla, then add to flour-butter mixture. Pulse the mixture until the dough begins to form into clumps, 5-10 seconds.
- 3. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface to bring it together. Divide the dough in two separate balls. Place each one between two pieces of wax paper and roll dough into a large round, a little less than a ¼” thick. Transfer one round to the tart pan. Using your fingers, build the crust up around the lip of the tart pan. Wait to trim the excess dough until after the lattice top is in place. Smooth any cracks that may have formed in transferring the dough.
- 4. Add the jam to the prepared tart shell. Cut the remaining dough round into twelve ½˝ wide strips. Arrange half the strips evenly over the top of the pie. Weave the remaining strips through at a 90° angle. Trim strips to ½˝ overhang with sharp scissors. Fold the overhanging dough from the bottom crust over the lattice ends, encasing them to make a double-walled crust. Crimp as desired, making sure the crust is flush with outer edge of tart pan. Place in freezer till dough firms up, about 15 minutes.
- 5. Brush the crust with an egg wash, if desired, and bake for about 45 minutes, or until the bottom of the crust is cooked through and the pastry is nice and crispy. You may need to cover the top of your tart with foil if it is browning too quickly.
- 6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving.