Brioche French Toast
- 1 cup half-and-half
- ½ cup whole milk
- 5 egg
- ¼ cup maple syrup, plus more for serving
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 loaf brioche, cut in ¾ inch slices
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons Fruit Perfect Blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Fruit Perfect Sour Cherries
- Maple Syrup
Cook time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1. Place a cookie sheet in the oven and preheat to 200 degrees. In a large casserole pan, whisk together the half-and-half, milk, eggs, maple syrup, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Place the brioche slices in the custard mixture, turning occasionally, until the bread is saturated.
- 2. While the bread soaks, heat a large non-stick skillet or cast-iron pan over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of the butter to the pan and swirl till the foaming subsides. Add two or three slices of the custard soaked bread to the pan, making sure you don’t overlap the pieces. Cook until golden brown on the bottom side, about three or four minutes, then flip and continue to cook on the second side for three to four minutes more. Transfer the finished French toast to the cookie sheet in the oven to keep warm and repeat with the remaining slices of soaked brioche.
- 3. Top with butter, our maple syrup, Fruit Perfect Blueberries and Fruit Perfect Sour Cherries.