Double Chocolate Pancakes
- 1½ cups Wheat & Malt Pancake Mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil or melted butter
- ½ cup Chocolate Fudge Sauce + additional for serving
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1. Whisk together the pancake mix, sugar, milk, lemon juice, eggs, melted butter, and ½ cup of Chocolate Fudge Sauce. Mix gently until there are no lumps, being careful not to overbeat.
- 2. Heat a large griddle over medium-high heat. Coat the surface of the griddle with a thin layer of butter. Scoop the batter onto the pan, measuring out about ¼ cup for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the top of each pancake, 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side until golden. Repeat until all the pancakes are cooked.
- 3. Serve immediately with softened butter and Chocolate Fudge Sauce spooned over each stack.