Classic Pancake Mix
- 1½ cups American Spoon Wheat & Malt Pancake Mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil or melted butter
- American Spoon Maple Syrup
Cook time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1. Whisk together the pancake mix, sugar, milk, lemon juice, eggs, and melted butter. Mix gently until there are no lumps, being careful not to overbeat.
- 2. Heat a large griddle over medium-high heat. Coat the surface of the griddle with a thin layer of butter. Scoop the batter onto the pan, measuring out about ¼ cup for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the top of each pancake, 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook on the other side until golden. Repeat until all the pancakes are cooked.
- 3. Serve immediately with softened butter, maple syrup, and your favorite fruit perfect topping.