Chili-Roasted Acorn Squash
- 2 large acorn squash, cut into 1-inch thick wedges
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup Chili Jam
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt to taste
- Chopped cilantro and chive to garnish
Preparation time: 1 hours
- 1. Heat oven to 450°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place squash wedges in a large bowl, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a good pinch of salt and toss well to combine. Divide the squash equally between the two baking sheets and roast, flipping occasionally, until tender and caramelized, 30-40 minutes.
- 2. While the squash cooks, place the Chili Jam, the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and lime juice in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Once the squash is tender, remove it from the oven and brush with about half of the chili glaze. Return to oven and continue cooking for about 5 minutes more, or until the glaze just begins to char. Remove from oven and transfer to serving dish. Drizzle with the remaining glaze and garnish with chopped herbs.