Maple BBQ Pulled Turkey Sandwiches
- FOR THE SANDWICHES
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups cooked turkey meat, shredded
- 1 cup American Spoon Maple BBQ Grilling Sauce, plus more for serving
- Apple Cider Slaw (recipe follows)
- 6 sandwich rolls
- pickles and mayonnaise to serve
- FOR THE SLAW
- 2 cups green cabbage, shredded
- ½ cup green bell pepper, chopped fine
- ½ cup carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine
- 1 cup Apple Cider Grilling Sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Kosher salt to taste
Cook time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 1. Warm oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, until the meat begins to crisp up, about 5 minutes. Add the cup of Maple BBQ and stir to combine; cook for another minute or two.
- 2. To make the slaw, combine the cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, jalapenos, and green onions in a large bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the Apple Cider Grilling Sauce, mayonnaise, and cider vinegar. Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss to combine. Season with salt to taste.
- 3. To finish, split the rolls and toast them in the oven if desired. Spread a little mayonnaise on the warmed buns, then top with a generous spoonful of the turkey, a little more BBQ sauce, some slaw and a few of your favorite pickles.