Summer Cherry Cobbler
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 jars American Spoon Fruit Perfect Sour Cherries
Cook time: 50 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut the butter into quarters, then place pieces in the bottom of a 2½-quart baking dish. Place in the oven until the butter is melted and starting to foam.
- 2. While the butter is melting, sift the flour and baking powder into a medium bowl. Mix in the sugar, then add the milk and whisk just until the batter comes together.
- 3. When the butter is foaming, remove the baking dish from the oven. Pour the batter into the hot dish, then drizzle about 1½ jars of Fruit Perfect Sour Cherries over the batter, reserving the remaining for serving. Place the cobbler in the oven and bake until golden brown, about 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- 4. Serve warm with ice cream and remaining Fruit Perfect Sour Cherries.